FAQs  |  Old School Building, Greenhithe

Does the Building have tables and chairs and are these an extra charge to use?

Yes, we have tables and chairs and there is no charge for these
Chairs: there are approx. 40 chairs
Tables: 6 – 1800mm x 750mm trestle tables

Does the Building have kitchen facilities?

Yes, there is a fully functional stove, a microwave and fridge/ freezer. There is also an urn for hot water and a sink.

Do you have cutlery and crockery?

No – you will need to supply or hire your own

Does the Building have a sound system?

No, there is no sound system

Does the Building have a projector and screen?

No, it does not.

Does the Building have a lectern?

No, it does not.

Do I need an alcohol license?

You only need to apply for an alcohol license if you are selling alcohol. Please go to the Auckland Council website for more information.

Do you allow teenage, 16th, 18th or 21st parties?

No, sorry, but based on previous poor experiences we simply cannot afford to let these run – the risk has proven too great.

Can we put a bouncy castle up in the Building?

No, this hall is too small. If you need a bouncy castle, then we suggest you consider the Community Hall.

Does the Building have heaters?

Yes, there are heaters. These are run on a coin basis at 50 cents per hour. You can put multiple coins in the machine, but will only take 50 cent coins.

Can we attach decorations to the walls?

PLEASE DO NOT USE pins, nails, sellotape or staples on the walls.

Is there parking available?

There is parking outside the Building and on Greenhithe Road in front of the Building

Does the Building have a First Aid kit and Defbrillator?

No, it is your responsibility to bring any first aid materials. Greenhithe Pharmacy is opposite the Community Hall and the Greenhithe Medical Centre is opposite Collins Park. Both are open during normal working hours.

There is a defibrillator at the Fire Station, one at the Greenhithe Medical Centre (opposite Collins Park) and one at the Tennis Club (Roland Road) during opening hours only.

Does the Hall have a Fire Alarm?

The Building has a water sprinkler system that is activated by heat. The sprinkler system is not monitored or connected to the Fire Service.

N.B. Should the sprinkler system be activated due to non-compliance or inappropriate activity, the Hirer(s) will be liable for all consequential expenses.

May I use Collins Park or playgrounds to erect a tent or marquee when hiring the Building?

Collins Park and the playgrounds ar  not included in the hireage of the Building. You would need to apply for a permit online to gain approval to do this. Collins Park is also a sports field and could have fixtures on there.

The reason for the permit would to be to gain land owner approval – which is the Council. There are also size restrictions on how big a marquee can be etc.

Here is the link for applying for permits: https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/event-permits/apply-event-permit/Pages/default.aspx

What does the cleaner do after the event?

The cleaner will clean all surfaces, floors, bathrooms, toilets and restock the paper towels.
As the hirer, you must take all decorations down and away with you, take all rubbish off the premises (including recyclables) and ensure the building is closed up, windows shut, locked and lights off before you leave.
There is no recycle bin at these premises.


Please allow for ‘pack in’ and ‘pack out’ in your hours booked
Please bring your own rubbish bags and take away all rubbish after the event.

Thank you for your interest.